Ever had that feeling where you see something in a store and think to yourself..."I can easily make that/customize it for myself!" Well that's exactly how I came about making this little beauty, getting inspiration from a single starfish on an elastic band.
Materials Needed: Black felt, two starfish (you can also use seashells), a hot glue gun, Gold Chain (about 10 inches), and an elastic headband.
1. Cut small circles in black felt for the starfish backing. Also cut your chain to a desired length.
2. Hot glue the bottom half of the starfish. Place the chain down first with the black felt over it. Let dry.
3. Repeat process to the 2nd Starfish. (Make sure the top half isn't glued yet!)
4. Insert the elastic headband in the top part of the black felt, hot glue them together and let dry
5. Repeat this process with the 2nd Starfish (you can place them however close or far apart you want on the headband, just remember that the elastic does stretch when you wear it on your head).
6. And there you have it, your very own mermaid inspired headband!!
Until next time,